This is a Deposit Only. Balance of payment will be required before shipping once your item is ready.
- US Made Total Cost: $3,800 shipping included to contiguous US
- Taiwan Made Total Cost: $1,800 shipping included to contiguous US
We set out to create the best heavy duty vise on the market and along the way we had a couple decisions to make on where and how to manufacture this vise.
This vise has two versions, a US and a Taiwan made version. Why are there two versions and what are the differences?
- The two vises are identical in design except for some “USA” lettering on the side of the US vise. This is the only design change.
- The main difference you will see is cost. Our US vises are cast and machined in the US which requires a substantial investment in tooling, fixtures, and processes. We are proud to offer this option, but the learning curve has been more difficult and lengthy than expected.
Update: We expected to launch both versions at the same time, but now the US version will be delayed. If you select this option your vise will likely not be ready until Q1 of 2023.
- Our Taiwan made vise is made by a factory which is already experienced and tooled up in making this type of product, and even they admit it’s so large that their own production capacity is limited.
Update: While we have shipped out a handful of first production items, pre-orders for this item are not ready to ship in masse.