E-WELD 4, Premium Anti-Spatter Spray
We did some testing on anti-spatters and this one performed the best based on three tests: low voltage, high voltage, and paint adhesion without cleanup of the treated surface.
Walter E-WELD 4 (53F403) is Walter's premium anti-spatter that guarantees porosity-free welds. E-WELD 4 is guaranteed to protect work pieces from spatter and ensure clean welds, eliminating the need for time-consuming, costly rework by preventing weld porosity and weld cracks from forming. E-WELD 4 also retracts in the presence of heat, leaving the welding area clean of liquid. This is the ultimate anti-spatter for saving time and improving the quality of your work!
- Excellent corrosion resistance - ideal for ferrous alloys and corrosion sensitive parts
- Works equally wet or after the product is dry
- Excellent paint adhesion properties - no special cleaning required for post welding coating operations (overall, we'd still recommend cleaning before painting, but if you really want to paint without post-weld cleaning, this performed the best)
- Compatible with aluminum, steel and stainless steel
- VOC free, Solvent free and silicone free
- Formulation based on natural plant extracts - biodegradable, non-flammable, pleasant citrus scent
- Helps prevent weld porosity and weld cracking
Material Safety Data Sheets
Excellent. Works as advertised, would recommend and buy again. Thanks!
Hands down by far the best surface prep out there and it's not a VOC... I was using this years ago when it first came out in my area of the midwest, however AirGas, PraxAir, and another local welding supplies store stopped carrying them for whatever reason, had to buy directly from the source distributor... They kept pushing me to buy their name brands and their companies in house trademarks and I wasn't buying. I think they were tired of getting outperformed and outclassed by a non voc that's still cheaper by the gallon compared to theirs. I use this formula on everything I weld, obviously with proper cleaning and dress up prior to each process ( GTAW, GMAW, and SMAW) for the duration of my builds... Obviously don't take a shower with it, simple spray and wet looking, less is more with this spray. Thanks Walter Surface Technologies, INC. and please don't ever change your formula as it stands now, but only to make it better. A+ across the board
Works as advertised.
I purchased the 16-ounce bottle at the same time as my Monster and Minion squares. It worked so well I went back for the gallon. I use it both on the work and the top of my table. It doesn't interfere with the weld at all and and it totally keeps any spatter or BBs from sticking. One spray on the table top lasts for a long time. Great product!
My welds are better than ever and I had my doubts about it.
This stuff is great. I used it for the first time today, I'm a novice welder and it was popping all over but not one beebee stuck
Walter surface technologies has this name for a reason. Never second best and always on top of there market!!