There are so many ways to use this square it seems like Magic. It’s two squares in one- when you purchase one Magic Square you get two individual squares that also link together to form 5 different combo squares. A zinc adjustable handle provides tool-less angle adjustments.
There are so many ways to use this square it seems like Magic. It’s two squares in one- when you purchase one Magic Square you get two individual squares that also link together to form 5 different combo squares. A zinc adjustable handle provides tool-less angle adjustments. Here’s all the main ways to use the square:
Use it as an ordinary, adjustable angle square that adjusts from 40 to 180 degrees.
Right Angle 90 Degree Square with generous weld accessibility. Total height of 8” in this configuration.
Tall 12” square when fully opened and locked into place
Remove the fasteners to get two individual squares
Use the large V-groove to hold large round tubing or pipe
Put the squares back together but with the mating surfaces reversed. This allows you to use the square to hold material offset to each other.
Use a second pivot point on the square with the mating surfaces reversed to change the balance of the square, it’ll seem like an entirely different square tool!
Tips For Variable Angle Settings
One Angle Setting, Two Ways To Hold
- Each angle you set creates two useful sets of angles on the square. You get the main angle and a complimentary angle (one acute, one obtuse)
- The most accurate way to get an angle is to use a digital protractor. A scale is not included due to complexities in getting an accurate, high quality scale made
- Use a 4 inch block with a flat surface as shown below to set a 90 degree angle
Use Shims or 123 blocks
Use Mega Square
Use Minion Square
Cast Iron vs Aluminum
- Great for heavy duty projects
- Excellent resistance to deformation and raising burrs when scratched.
- Some natural resistance to weld spatter.
- Heavy (Not ideal for mobile welding)
- Susceptible to rust.
- Lightweight (Ideal for welding on the go)
- Resistance to deformation vs aluminum billet
- Some natural resistance to weld spatter.
- Can be be damaged if dropped or if used in heavy duty projects.
6 Edge Location Tabs & Thumb Screws
Our revolutionary tabs allow you to align your material up so that you don’t even need a welding table! Don’t spend thousands on a flat table, just use our squares! Tighten the tabs onto the front or back of your square and you can immediately get to work. Sure, there are different jigs out there, but can they line your material perfectly in seconds?
Edge Alignment Pins
Install our edge alignment pins on any square to create a large, overhanging edge which can be used to index the square on a different plane. Depending on the square, this allows you to create edges which are 90 degrees (perpendicular), 45 degrees, parallel, and even 60 and 30 degrees from the edge.
- Use it with our Monster squares to create a speed square for layout.
- Use it to hang the square off the edge of a table for working vertical or perpendicular to table surface
- Use it to elevate the squares off the ground or table for extra clearance when you’re fitting and welding entire frames
- Tip! If trying to create a parallel edge with the mega square for marking, use our shims to get that perfect distance!
New Magic Square and Magnetic Shim kit Demo
This are two of my favorite new Fireball tools in the shop. The Magic square and the magnetic shim blocks. The Magic square is a adjustable fixture with tons of options for any situation. The Magnetic shims are like 123 blocks. They come in all different sizes. They have magnets so you can stack them together to make different size stacks.
You may also like
It depends on where you are. Orders processed here will take 5-7 business days to arrive.
If you need to return or exchange an item, please contact us
with your order number and details about the product you would like to return or exchange. We will respond with instructions for how to proceed from there. Returns will be accepted within 60 days of receiving it. No returns outside USA on any tools. No returns on tools or any components
that have been modified outside of Fireball Tool.
Love your Fireball Tools Guarantee
100% satisfaction guarantee - 60 Day Return Policy (For USA Only)
If for any reason within your first 60 days you don't love them, you can send them back.
(Not valid for Table Toppers or Plates)
It depends on the creator and the product. All options are outlined on the product page, so look out for customization options there.
If we still haven't answered your question, you can contact us below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.