Magic Square Overview
There are so many ways to use this square it seems like Magic. It’s two squares in one- when you purchase one Magic Square you get two individual squares that also link together to form 5 different combo squares. A zinc adjustable handle provides tool-less angle adjustments. Here’s all the main ways to use the square:
1) Use it as an ordinary, adjustable angle square that adjusts from 40 to 180 degrees.
2) Right Angle 90 Degree Square with generous weld accessibility. Total height of 8” in this configuration.
3) Tall 12” square when fully opened and locked into place
4) Remove the fasteners to get two individual squares
5) Use the large V-groove to hold large round tubing or pipe
6) Put the squares back together but with the mating surfaces reversed. This allows you to use the square to hold material offset to each other.
7) Use a second pivot point on the square with the mating surfaces reversed to change the balance of the square, it’ll seem like an entirely different square tool!
Tricks for Getting a 90 Degree Angle
- Use the inside 90 degrees of the Mega Square
- Use Shims or other object to create a 4" block
Tips for Variable Angle Settings
- When using the Magic Square as a variable angle tool, each angle you set is creating two useful sets of angles for you, the main angle and a complimentary second angle (acute and obtuse angles). This means the squares always give you two options on how to hold your work piece at a given angle.
- The most accurate way to get an angle is to use a digital protractor. A scale is not included due to complexities in getting an accurate, high quality scale made.
Specifications (Assembled Square)
|Size (inches)||Weight (lbs)||Material||Tab Thread Size|
|Magic 12 FE||12 x 4 x 3||11 lbs||Cast Iron||1/4-20|
|Magic 12 AL||12 x 4 x 3||5 lbs||Cast Aluminum||1/4-20|
Each square comes with 6 tabs (steel or aluminum to match square material type) and 6x socket head cap screws. Each tab is 2.75" x 1" in size. For the pivoting mechanism a 5/16-3/4" socket head cap screw, washer, and zinc alloy adjustable handle are included.