- F5-1020-FE, F5-1020-AL
Monster Square Overview
The original Monster Square is available in a 12 or 8 inch size with two material choices: Cast Iron (FE) or Cast Aluminum (AL). All Monster Squares feature a stiff “flange and web” design that is fully machined on all outer edges with tapped holes on the sides for mounting tabs.
Made in USA, Patent Pending.
What Makes The Monster Square Unique
The Monster Square is designed to quickly set your workpiece to 90 or 45 degrees. Speed squares and machinist squares are made for visual inspection and checking AFTER setup, the Monster Square is designed to get those parts square in the first place.
Tabs help eliminate twisting and warping in the final workpiece. Once you have your workpieces square with each other don’t rely on the table, floor, or workpiece to get your work fitted to a flat plane. The machined squares and tabs always create the perfect plane for your workpieces to rest on. Bonus: The tabs also let you easily hold round tubing.
Clamping is simple with multiple surfaces for quick and rigid attachment. Stop spending your time and focus figuring out clamping strategies, or worse, clamping your straight workpiece to crooked surfaces.
Use the radius on the tabs to use the Monster Square as a traditional speed square for layout.
Choosing the Right Square for You
- 2 inch tubing and smaller, we suggest 8” squares (1.5” wide)
- 2 inch tubing and larger, we suggest 12” squares (3” wide)
- Cast Iron has excellent resistance to deformation and raising burrs when scratched, with the added benefit of some natural resistance to weld spatter.
- Cast aluminum is lightweight and exhibits resistance to deformation vs aluminum billet. Its non-ferrous properties, resistance to weld spatter, and compatibility to sensitive surfaces are also more advantageous for certain types of work.
Differences between 12" and 8" models:
- 12” squares have a profile similar to an I Beam where the web is centered on the flanges. 8” squares are similar to a “C” channel where the web is off to one side of the flange.
- 12” squares have tapped holes on both sides, 8” only on the “back” or flat side
|Monster 12||Monster 8|
|Size (inches)||Weight (lbs)||Material||Thread Size|
|Monster 12 FE||12 x 12 x 3||14.5||Cast Iron||1/4-20|
|Monster 12 AL||12 x 12 x 3||5.2||Cast Aluminum||1/4-20|
|Monster 8 FE||8 x 8 x 1.5||4.4||Cast Iron||1/4-20|
|Monster 8 AL||8 x 8 x 1.5||1.6||Cast Aluminum||1/4-20|
What comes with each square:
Each square comes with 4 tabs (steel or aluminum to match square material type) and 4x socket head cap screws. Each tab is 2.75" x 1" in size.