The original Monster Square is available in a 12 or 8 inch size with two material choices: Cast Iron (FE) or Cast Aluminum (AL). All Monster Squares feature a stiff “flange and web” design that is fully machined on all outer edges with tapped holes on the sides for mounting tabs.
Made in USA, Patent Pending
Designed to quickly set your work-piece to 90 or 45 degrees
Speed squares and machinist squares are made for visual inspection and checking AFTER setup, the Monster Square is designed to get those parts square in the first place.
Tabs help eliminate twisting and warping in the final work-piece
The machined squares and tabs always create the perfect plane for your work-pieces to rest on. Bonus: The tabs also let you easily hold round tubing.
Clamping is simple with multiple surfaces for quick and rigid attachment
Stop spending your time and focus figuring out clamping strategies, or worse, clamping your straight work-piece to crooked surfaces.
Use the radius on the tabs to use the Monster Square as a traditional speed square for layout.
Monster Square 12"
For tubing 2 inch and larger, we suggest 12” squares (3” wide)
Monster Square 8"
For tubing 2 inch and smaller, we suggest 8” squares (1.5” wide)
|Size (in)||Aluminum (AL)||Cast Iron (FE)||Flange (in)|
12" x 12" x 3"
8" x 8" x 1.5"
6" x 6" x 1.5"
4" x 4" x 1.5"
Flange & Web
- 12” squares have a profile similar to an I Beam where the web is centered on the flanges.
- 8” squares are similar to a “C” channel where the web is off to one side of the flange.
Aluminum vs Cast Iron vs Dragon Scale
- Lightweight (Ideal for welding on the go)
- Resistance to deformation vs aluminum billet
- Some natural resistance to weld spatter.
- Can be be damaged if dropped or if used in heavy duty projects.
Cast Iron (FE)
- Great for heavy duty projects
- Excellent resistance to deformation and raising burrs when scratched.
- Some natural resistance to weld spatter.
- Heavy (Not ideal for mobile welding)
- Susceptible to rust.
Dragon Scale (FE)
Fireball’s new Dragon Scale coating provides the corrosion resistance of our previous black oxide finish with the added benefit of enhanced spatter resistance. It’s spatter resistance needs to be seen to believed; it out performs even the best weld spatter sprays without the use of any sprays.
4 Edge Location Tabs
Our revolutionary tabs allow you to align your material up so that you don’t even need a welding table! Don’t spend thousands on a flat table, just use our squares! Tighten the tabs onto the front or back of your square and you can immediately get to work. Sure, there are different jigs out there, but can they line your material perfectly in seconds?
4 Tool-less Thumbscrews
Edge Alignment Pins
Install our edge alignment pins on any square to create a large, overhanging edge which can be used to index the square on a different plane. Depending on the square, this allows you to create edges which are 90 degrees (perpendicular), 45 degrees, parallel, and even 60 and 30 degrees from the edge.
- Use it with our Monster squares to create a speed square for layout.
- Use it to hang the square off the edge of a table for working vertical or perpendicular to table surface
- Use it to elevate the squares off the ground or table for extra clearance when you’re fitting and welding entire frames
- Tip! If trying to create a parallel edge with the mega square for marking, use our shims to get that perfect distance!
Our Other Square
- The Mega Square is designed to quickly set your workpiece to 90 or 45 degrees.
- Tabs help eliminate twisting and warping in the final workpiece.
- Clamping is simple with multiple surfaces for quick and rigid attachment.
- Roomy joint access for welding, gluing, nailing, riveting, etc.
- Use it as an ordinary, adjustable angle square that adjusts from 40 to 180 degrees.
- Right Angle 90 Degree Square with generous weld accessibility. Total height of 8” in this configuration.
- Tall 12” square when fully opened and locked into place
- Remove the fasteners to get two individual squares
- Use the large V-groove to hold large round tubing or pipe
- Compact configuration for use in tight spaces.
- 6" x 4" x 1.5", the 4" width is perfect for picket spacing on gates and fences.
- They are the first square we offer which has a built in 60/30 degree angle.
- The cutout provides just the right amount of joint access when using it to clamp things at 90 degrees.
It depends on where you are. Orders processed here will take 5-7 business days to arrive.
If you need to return or exchange an item, please contact us
with your order number and details about the product you would like to return or exchange. We will respond with instructions for how to proceed from there. Returns will be accepted within 60 days of receiving it. No returns outside USA on any tools. No returns on tools or any components
that have been modified outside of Fireball Tool.
Love your Fireball Tools Guarantee
100% satisfaction guarantee - 60 Day Return Policy (For USA Only)
If for any reason within your first 60 days you don't love them, you can send them back.
(Not valid for Table Toppers or Plates)
It depends on the creator and the product. All options are outlined on the product page, so look out for customization options there.